Let’s wear out poverty – by donating shoes!
Check here for updates on reaching our goal – we’ll plan to post updates each Wednesday during Lent.
Starting Ash Wednesday, we’ll be collecting shoes to donate to Soles4Souls (find out more at http://soles4souls.org).
Our kick-off event will be Wednesday, February 17 with a live prayer collaboration with St Elizabeth Seton Elementary School. In a symbolic gesture which represents the lives lost due to COVID-19, students will bring forward donated shoes and leave them at the altar. The shoe drive will continue through Lent. Shoes collected will be sent to Soles4Souls for distribution around the country/world. The goal is to collect 25,000 shoes!
Collection points include:
- The Diocese of Rapid City Chancery Building | 225 Main Street, Suite 100, Rapid City, SD 57701 | Hours of Operation Mon-Fri, 8:00 – 5:00
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- Our Lady of the Black Hills
- St Elizabeth Seton Elementary School
- Terra Sancta Retreat Center | 2101 City Springs Rd, Ste 300, Rapid City, SD 57702 | Drop off at the west entrance M-F between 8am-6pm
Whether they are new or gently-loved, your shoes can help lift people out of poverty.